Revision 1 of the Replicape is done! There are quite a lot of changes to this new version. The most prominent is perhaps the moving of the thermistor and fan connectors. The thermistor connectors are now located much closer to the analog inputs and have separate ground planes. In addition, there are end stop connectors for both sides of the axes.
The list of “bug fixes” is also quite long including pull-up resistors for the I2C chips, switching VDD_5V and SYS_5V etc.
Here is the complete list of changes:
- Changed the PWM line of Heater_ext_1 to P9_14
- Changed the PWM line of Heater_HBP to P9_16
- Changed the PWM line of Heater_ext_2 to P8_13
- Changed the Fault_x pin to P8_4
- Changed the 3 pin dip switch for a 2-pin dip switch
- Added a DNP pull-up on the CAT24C256 EEPROM memory.
- Changed SCL and SDA for PCA9685 to I2C2 (i2c-3), the same as the EEPROM
- Moved X10, X11, X12 out on lims.
- Added three more end stops.
- Added comparator LM339 as a driver for MOSFETs (296-9544-1-ND)
- Moved the MOSFETs further apart
- Made a separate ground domain (AGND) for the thermistors
- Added three connectors for servos – should not be populated
- Switched to 2×23 pins on both sides
- Added a 100uF cap to compensate LC spikes
- Switched sides for the MOSFET drivers (for easier debugging)
- Added one more 0.1uF ceramic cap near VMM2.
- Switched places for the caps near Y, Z, Ext1, Ext2
- Added more thermal vias for the SMDs
- Switched the M24C16 EEPROM out with M24C256 to allow for proper addressing
- Added 5.6K pullups on i2c-lines
- Connected p9_1 to ground.
- Placed the all heaters on dedicated PWM outputs from BeagleBone.
- Switched channels for ADC on Ext1 and Ext2
- Switched +5V and SYS_5V.
Hopefully the nice people at CircuitCo / Texas Instruments will accept these changes and start production of rev 1 instead of rev 0.